Today we read a book called Have You Filled A Bucket Today? The story taught us about how we all carry an invisible bucket around and when people to nice things to us, it fills our bucket and makes us happy. When we fill someone else’s bucket, we become a bucket filler. But people can also dip into our buckets and make us feel sad when they are not nice to people. These people are bucket dippers.
We have decided that we are going to be a bucket filling classroom and have made our very own buckets that we can help each other fill by being kind and supportive! Here’s our list of things we can do to be bucket fillers:
- Let some join in our games
- Smile at someone
- Say hello to someone
- Share our toys with others
- Help someone if they need it
- Be nice to people
- Play together nicely with our friends
- Meet and make new friends
- Being friendly to people
- Say good morning and good afternoon to people
- Tell your family you love them
- Use our manners
- Read books together
- Say nice and kind things to people
By filling someone else’s bucket, you also help to fill your own. So we are going to be bucket fillers! What about you?
Here’s a video you can watch to help you learn more about becoming a bucket filler!