In Reading this week we have been talking about what Real Independent Reading is and this is what we came up with.
Real Independent Reading is…
1. reading Just Right books.
2. reading books we are interested in.
3. reading on your own.
4. reading for the whole time.
5. reading quietly to yourself.
6. reading all the pages and looking at the pictures, not just flipping through the pages.
7. sitting in a place by yourself.
8. practicing your reading goal to get better at reading.
9. not day dreaming or staring off into space.
10. using your imagination when reading.
Have a look at the students in JAS who are reading and see if they are doing these things and being super readers!