There has been a last minute change to our Melbourne Excursion itinerary due to a cold and wet weather forecast. We will now be visiting the National Gallery of Victoria and visiting the Open House: Tromarama for Kids exhibition. We will also have time to wander around the other exhibitions. We will now be walking from the Melbourne Aquarium via Southbank to get to the NVG.
Parents will now be in charge of a small group of children at the gallery to help maximise our time there and allow the students to explore the gallery. Details of your groups will be handed out by the classroom teacher on Thursday morning.
Below are the new details of our day.
* Students assemble in their classroom at 6:15am.
* Leave Shepparton at 6:30am sharp.
* Arrive back at school 6:00pm (approximately).
|National Gallery of Victoria (NGV)||
Grade 1 students
|Grade 2 students||1:30 pm—3:30pm||10:00am—12:30pm||
- As we are on a very strict timeline, please don’t be late. (Sorry, but we can’t wait for you).
- Students will need to wear full school uniform as well as comfortable shoes.
- Bring a raincoat and jacket. Be prepared for 4 seasons in 1 day!
- Bring plenty of food to eat and water to drink. If possible provide a rubbish free lunch or pack a plastic bag to put rubbish in.
- Parents who are attending the excursion will not be able to participate in the tour at the Aquarium due to numbers, but are free to wander around the aquarium or go and grab a coffee.
- Students will not need any spending money as they will not be purchasing any food or souvenirs.
- A reminder that our school has a SMOKE FREE POLICY applicable to all our excursions so parents will not be allowed to smoke at any point during the trip.
I am looking forward to seeing you all bright and early Thursday morning!