JAS will be doing a big cook up on Wednesday in preparation for our Grade 1 Market on Thursday. We would love it if any parents who are free between 11:30am and 1:00pm could come along and give us a hand. We will be cooking in the staff room so if you can come along, we’ll see you then!
Don’t forget that TOMORROW (Friday 11th) is our Whole School Athletic Sports Day. This will be held McEwan Reserve with the senior and middle school starting at 9:45am and the juniors starting at 11:30am.
Junior school students will be leaving school at 11am and returning in time for lunch. We do ask that there are no lunch orders on this day, in case we are running late in returning to school. We would also like to see all students with a drink bottle full of water to take with them as the weather is promising to be lovely, sunny and warm so it is important they stay hydrated!
The students are allowed to come dressed up in their house colours but we do ask that they wear suitable footwear for participating in sporting events.
Parents are welcome to attend and I know the students would love to have you there!
There has been a last minute change to our Melbourne Excursion itinerary due to a cold and wet weather forecast. We will now be visiting the National Gallery of Victoria and visiting the Open House: Tromarama for Kids exhibition. We will also have time to wander around the other exhibitions. We will now be walking from the Melbourne Aquarium via Southbank to get to the NVG.
Parents will now be in charge of a small group of children at the gallery to help maximise our time there and allow the students to explore the gallery. Details of your groups will be handed out by the classroom teacher on Thursday morning.
Below are the new details of our day.
* Students assemble in their classroom at 6:15am.
* Leave Shepparton at 6:30am sharp.
* Arrive back at school 6:00pm (approximately).
|National Gallery of Victoria (NGV)||
Grade 1 students
|Grade 2 students||1:30 pm—3:30pm||10:00am—12:30pm||
- As we are on a very strict timeline, please don’t be late. (Sorry, but we can’t wait for you).
- Students will need to wear full school uniform as well as comfortable shoes.
- Bring a raincoat and jacket. Be prepared for 4 seasons in 1 day!
- Bring plenty of food to eat and water to drink. If possible provide a rubbish free lunch or pack a plastic bag to put rubbish in.
- Parents who are attending the excursion will not be able to participate in the tour at the Aquarium due to numbers, but are free to wander around the aquarium or go and grab a coffee.
- Students will not need any spending money as they will not be purchasing any food or souvenirs.
- A reminder that our school has a SMOKE FREE POLICY applicable to all our excursions so parents will not be allowed to smoke at any point during the trip.
I am looking forward to seeing you all bright and early Thursday morning!
Tomorrow, Wednesday 2nd Sept, the parents and friends are running a Father’s Day Stall. If your child would like to bring along some money to purchase a gift for Dad, they can. We suggest they also bring along a plastic bag or towel to place the gift in.
Also, this Friday, the school is hosting a Father’s Day breakfast. I’ve attached the note for you to return to school if you would like to attend so we can make sure there’s plenty of food for everyone.
This is just a friendly reminder that if your child is away from school, could you please send along a note explaining their absence. This note allows me to update our roll with the reason why your child was away and will mean you won’t receive and unexplained absences letter at the end of the month!
On August 31st, Bourchier St is running an information session about the BYOD program as well as a Cyber Safety talk. The talk will kick off at 5pm with the BYOD info session and then at 5:30pm will be the Cyber Safety talk. It would be great to see lots of families coming along to both sessions, but particularly the Cyber Safety talk as we are currently looking at Cyber Safety in the class and it would be great to see families supporting this by coming along so you can have discussions with your child about it.
A note went home last week with a slip at the bottom for you to return if you are coming, just so we have an idea of numbers. If you would like to attend one or both of these sessions, please make sure you fill it out and bring it back to school. Alternatively, you can register that you’re coming online at bourchierps.vic.edu.au, down the bottom of the webpage.